Friday, April 26, 2013

Enchilada Veggie Pizza

From Two Peas and Their Pod

This is a great, easy, rummage the fridge/pantry meal. Plus everyone gets to make their own, so it's fun! You basically just throw whatever veggies/beans you want on to a tortilla with some enchilada sauce and cheese, throw it in the oven, and, voila, pizza! Mark enjoyed 1 3/4 pizzas, 1 1/4 for me, 1/2 for Clara, and 0 for Tyler. Yeah, Tyler has been having picky issues as of late - dang those horrific threes! Also, I bet it wouldn't be bad sans cheese for you vegans out there.

I'll list all the things I've thought of and asterisk the ones we used. I think it will be different every time based on what's in my fridge/pantry.

Ingredients:
*Flour tortillas
*Red enchilada sauce
*Shredded cheese
*Black beans
Refried beans
*Bell pepper, chopped
*onion, chopped
*Green onion, minced
*Tomato, chopped
Olives
Cilantro
*Corn
Sour cream/Greek yogurt
Salsa
Avocado

Preheat oven to 400. Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil or Pam (I have this awesome spritzer thing that I got at costco. I fill it with olive oil and that's my new "Pam.") Place tortillas on cookie sheet and place in the oven. Take out when they are browning and puffing up.

Now it's time to make your pizza! Spread some enchilada sauce on your tortilla, sprinkle on some cheese, and then go to town with toppings. When you have created your masterpiece stick it back in the oven for a few more minutes to warm everything up and melt the cheese.

Note: On the website she sautes her veggies first. I didn't feel like doing that, but you can if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment